Are you serious about changing careers?
I am a part-time Career Coach, and I work with a select number of private clients to help them pivot into higher-paying, better-fit, and more exciting career paths.
How do I know if I’m a good fit for this program?
You’re not happy with your current job
You don’t know what you want to do next (industry, function, or role)
You feel stuck in your career, or wake up every Monday morning with a feeling of dread about work
You have a nagging feeling that you’re plateau-ing or falling behind
The thought of starting a job application process or interviewing is overwhelming
You’ve been applying to jobs online randomly and not getting any results
You’ve been getting rejected (or ghosted) from job applications or interviews
You don’t know how to tell your “story” in a way that is compelling and concise
You don’t know how to optimize your LinkedIn or resume
You want to make more money, have more time freedom, or make your career fit into your life
You don’t want to have to get a graduate degree to make your career move
You want a structured approach to keep you accountable and on-track to achieve this big milestone
You’re excited about growth and willing to do hard & scary things
Before: I was working in the same industry (CPG sales) for 11 years starting out of college. I had been considering making a career transition to tech for a few years but didn’t know where to begin. I experienced burnout in late 2021 that led me to quit my job without my next company/role lined up. I hired Priscilla because she approached the job hunt from a holistic view and let me know know we would be working on goal and value setting prior to applying for roles which felt very intentional.
Working with Priscilla: As a result of working with Priscilla, I gained confidence in every aspect of the job search. I didn’t know how to market my skillset for the tech industry prior to working with Priscilla and by the end I was in a great flow when telling my story to potential employers or new network contacts. I gained the know-how on how to start the job search process from scratch. I especially liked learning about the value of my network and the importance of maintaining connection with colleagues and friends over the years. Do not hesitate to start working with Priscilla! She provided guidance and support at every step in the journey and helped me believe in my skillset and experience. Not only did she coach me through resume editing, LinkedIn presence, applications, and interviews, but the pre-application coaching she provided was the most valuable to me. I was looking to change careers but had to work on getting clear on my goals and the “why” behind my decision. Once I did the exploration work with Priscilla, the whole process was more more streamlined. I was equipped with the knowledge of the companies I wanted to target, the job descriptions I wanted to apply to, and how to tell my story to potential employers.
After: In the end, my job offer was a result of networking because a friend connected me to her contact at the company. I ended up accepting an offer with a top tech company (DoorDash) that I was targeting with a 30% increase in compensation, plus equity in the company! I negotiated a significant sign-on bonus with Priscilla’s help, I am doing much more strategic work and get to enjoy a 100% remote work lifestyle. I found a job that satisfied what is really important to me in my life right now.
Before: Prior to working with Priscilla, I worked for an education non-profit that paid only $62K. There were very limited opportunities for growth, and while I was able to do my work remotely for most of the year, I was required to live on a college campus for 8 weeks at a time in order to provide support for a summer program the organization held every year for students. During the pandemic, the program was virtual and I was able to provide that support remotely, but when the organization decided to return to in-person programming earlier this year, I decided it was time to leave the organization. I was unhappy in my role, felt overworked during certain seasons of the year, and was dissatisfied with the salary I was earning and the limited opportunities I had to grow in my career. My priorities were to increase my salary and to find a role that would stretch me intellectually and professionally while still allowing me to be fully present for my three-year-old son and my family.
Working with Priscilla: Priscilla was very supportive in helping me to adopt an abundance mindset and understand that while the process would have its ups and downs, the opportunities were out there and I was more than qualified to get them. She also challenged me to think differently about my strategies for finding a role. While networking is not a practice I particularly enjoy or even used prior to working with Priscilla, she helped me to understand that doing so would help me to land a role faster and more efficiently than trying to apply to roles through a job board without having any conversations with people. While it was difficult for me to do, Priscilla’s constant encouragement, check-ins, and commitment buoyed me throughout the process and kept my optimism and hope afloat on days when I struggled to do so myself. I would not have pushed myself to talk with as many people as I did, and I certainly wouldn’t have explored as many career trajectories. Priscilla utilized a variety of coaching styles, including holistic and transformational. Priscilla helped me to identify my priorities and made sure I was clear on what I was looking for before I started the job search process. She is empathetic, affirming, attentive, and encouraging, and when I worked with her, she did an excellent job helping me to shift my perspective and remember that I have a lot to offer and that there is an abundance of opportunities out there.
Before: I felt stagnant on a daily basis from the vantage point of a real or perceived glass ceiling, but also feeling like I generally do not belong in corporate America. I was earning $90K to essentially sit around at home all day which is great for work-life balance. There was a profound sense of emptiness.
Working with Priscilla: I wanted to figure out some of the hints, tips, tricks, hacks and best practices relative to pivoting careers and the expectations of employers throughout the hiring process. I was pretty sure that I did not want to remain in corporate America but wanted to keep my options open in case a more socially impactful and tolerable job presented itself. Many of the exercises we did unlocked the value of transferable skills were immensely helpful. Priscilla’s approach was driven by inputs (both behavioral and hard/soft skills) so it felt much more data-driven than that of sentiment. This aligns closely with how I operate so it was a pretty comfortable process in that regard. What was uncomfortable but revealing were the outputs, suggestions and, ultimately, my realizations about what a career pivot entails within the context of remaining in corporate America. Priscilla is extremely patient and well-prepared. There were a litany of resources being leveraged and everything was quite relevant. I enjoyed Priscilla’s focus because it amounted to very little time being wasted.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you work with clients?
I work with clients on a 6 month basis with an option to purchase additional monthly or bi-weekly sessions after program completion.
The average job search process takes 5-6 months, and many of my clients come to me NOT yet ready to embark on the job search process. Why? Because they don’t know where they are going yet.
First, they need to do self-reflection/assessment exercises, conduct targeted career exploration, and work on their personal branding (LinkedIn, Resume, Elevator Pitch). This stage is called Career Exploration, and it can take anywhere from 1-3 months, depending on your schedule.
If you come to me knowing exactly what you are targeting in your job search (industry, role, company/org type), then we will be able jump into the job search process much sooner.
I believe in setting realistic expectations for my clients, and I also understand that work, health, friends, family and other commitments will inevitably come up during your journey. This is why I create a 6-month container for your growth. Anyone who is saying they can help you change careers in 10 or 12 weeks is completely out of touch.
What's your process?
Throughout your 6 months of working with me, I’ll take you through 4 main stages. Based on where you are in your career change process, the time we spend within each stage will vary.
Stages 1 and 2 often take place concurrently; these two stages can take anywhere from 1-3 months.
- Stage 1: Career Exploration – We begin with big picture exploration exercises and deep self-reflection. We take stock of your personal career portfolio and what you bring to the table. Then, we move into targeted career exploration activities (like informational chats) to help you pinpoint the type of career change move you are seeking to make.
- Stage 2: Personal Branding – I help you craft your story via your Resume, LinkedIn profile, and Elevator Pitch. We use your strengths, skills, and “greatest hits” from your Career Portfolio and ensure they are reflected in your personal branding materials.
After Stage 1-2, I help you make a decision regarding your target industry, role, and company/organization. I teach you how to read job descriptions the right way, and how to maximize your skills/experiences so that you are making a career change that makes the most sense for you.
- Stage 3: Networking & Application Strategy – Using the “2 Hour Job Search” process by Steve Dalton, I help you create an intentional job search strategy that is time and energy efficient. We create a list of target companies, do company research, and tap into the hidden job market via networking and LinkedIn best practices. Don’t be surprised if you are talking to 3-4 new people per week at this stage.
- Stage 4: Interviewing & Offer Evaluation – I support you with behavioral interview prep and mock interviews. I help you make sense of the interview process and how to avoid settling for a less-than-ideal offer. This is the most emotionally challenging part of your process, and I help you navigate the mindset roadblocks around rejection, self-doubt, and long waits.
- Bonus: I offer you salary negotiation support as well for when the time comes.
During the consult call, I explain how we would apply this process to your specific goals.
What is included in your program?
- 15 Coaching Calls (50 minutes each) – it is required that we meet at least 2x/month.
- Resume Revamp Service available
- LinkedIn Profile Review/Feedback
- Unlimited Email/WhatsApp Access to Priscilla during business hours
- Supplementary self-paced online course via Podia that serves as a library with 50+ resources, video tutorials, templates, and exercises. This course is helpful for those who want a roadmap to follow.
Why should I work with you?
Work with me so that you can make your next career move without having to get an expensive graduate degree. Do it in a way that doesn’t take away from the rest of your life, and brings you calm and ease.
- I have personally switched industries and functions several times.
- I have professional experience as a talent recruiter, hiring manager and talent acquisition expert.
- As a management consultant, I work in a variety of industries and understand the nuances of working in each one.
- While attending a Top 20 MBA program, I learned the process of transitioning careers and landing amazing jobs.
- I’m a former teacher and understand how to create curriculum / deliver knowledge in a bite-sized way that works for different client needs.
- I’m a career geek and read an inordinate amount of career / life design books.
- I have an incredible network that I am always happy to leverage for my clients when appropriate.
- I’m kind, empathetic and will be your champion the whole way through.
What's the investment?
One payment of $3,000 OR Two payments of $1,600 (first payment up-front, second one at the 3rd month mark).